Sunday, November 6, 2011

Some Stuff

Oh my goodness! I’ve been a busy bee with scrapbooking, but haven’t posted a thing in over a week! So for your viewing pleasure:

First up, my December Daily….Mostly all made and ready to go. I’m not sure about the ribbon binding, however. I may change my mind and throw some big O rings in there instead. I also need to punch another hole in the middle to better hold the brown paper bag pockets I made. As I add to it in December, I’ll post updates.



The dimensions are 6x9” and the covers are cardstock covered cardboard (from a package of patterned paper or some such – reduce, reuse, recycle, you know. ;) Plus it was free.) All the pages I simply cut from 2 sided patterned cardstock. I used mostly Cosmo Cricket’s Dear Mr. Claus line with some Echo Park paper and embellishments thrown in the mix. Additionally, I used the cover page from the Cosmo Cricket kit to cover portions of the back and front covers. This is probably one of my more brilliant recent a-ha’s! Using pieces of kit covers as accents??? Who knew???








Next, several pages featuring my sweet, sweet niece, Ellie. She is almost 16 months old and I love her to bits!

I seem to have a ton of pictures of her eating for some reason! I promise she really does do other things and does not live in a highchair!

This first layout was made entirely with Basic Grey’s Piccadilly line. The only non-Basic Grey items are the cardstock, which is Bazzill (my cardstock of choice), and the twine – Doodlebug Designs.




Here I used a lot of October Afternoon (my FAVE, btw). The stamps are Basic Grey/Hero Arts and again Doodlebug twine and some white embroidery floss that I used to hand stitch the border.






This one is more of a mashup. A lot of Lily Beepaper, the center sticker accent is Cosmo Cricket, and the big letter stickers are October Afternoon. I broke out the sewing machine to stitch the paper strips at the top of the page together.








This one is probably my favorite in terms of design. I recently moved and snapped a couple of pictures of all the many boxes that accumulated over a couple of weeks of packing. I have tired of my handwriting already, so back to computer generated journaling. This layout features patterned paper, stickers, and brads by Basic Grey. The small letter stickers are Making Memories and the collage tape is 7 Gypsies. The little chipboard houses are Jenni Bowlin.



Finally, I wanted to share something new I tried. I don’t usually venture into the more artsy realm of scrapbooking, because it’s so out of my comfort zone. I generally like to stick to clean lines with a little flair thrown in here and there, but this next photo is part of a page I made a couple weeks ago. I used a cardstock heart as a mask, used Shimmer Ink and hand stitched around the edges of each heart with different colors of floss. I impressed myself pretty good and am pleased with how it turned out.




I will be back soon with more stuff and someday...someday...I will learn how to either photograph my layouts better or stitch my 12x12s with my scanner.

Thanks for reading! Hope you have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Love your December daily book! It must feel good to have that ready to go. I haven't even started yet. Still working on a plan. Looks like you've been super productive getting layouts done - I love it when that happens! :)

    ReplyDelete