Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sketch Adventure Saturday

Okay so I'm trying to branch out there in my blogdom. So, I present to you "SKETCH ADVENTURE SATURDAY"! If I'm stepping on any toes by using this name, please let me know because it's entirely unintentional.

So, the idea here is to use the following sketch (my creation, but digitally drawn by my AMAZING girlfriend, Lisa Carroll!) as inspiration and design a layout, card, piece of wall art, or whatever! Send an attachment of your creation to me (my email addy is in the upper right hand corner by that silly little picture of me). I will then pick a handful of projects I think best used the sketch (though I know it's going to be hard, because they'll all be amazing) and post them the following Saturday on my blog (with the designers' blog links), along with a new sketch. So Saturdays will be Sketch Adventure Saturdays from here on out to the best of my ability! All layouts must be received by 11:59 PM (CST) Friday, February 24

And in celebration of this new announcement, I'm having a giveaway! Leave a comment by 11:59 (CST) NEXT Friday, February 24 to enter. I will pick a winner at random. I have some great kraft mini envelopes and letter stickers from Pebbles to give out:



And now for our first sketch!




And here's my take on this sketch:

Future Photographer



Supplies: patterned paper - October Afternoon, Pebbles, American Crafts, Crate Paper, My Mind's Eye; chipboard - Dear Lizzy for American Crafts; sequins - Pebbles; tab punch - Jenni Bowlin; ink - Ranger, Colorbox; pens - Zig, Uniball; stamps & spray ink - Studio Calico

And here's another layout using the sketch. This time a digital layout - again by the lovely Lisa Carroll. :)

Pretty in Pink



Digital Supplies: patterned paper and elements by Marisa Lerin; heart border by Lisa Carroll

Remember, all layouts and comments must be entered by 11:59 Central Time on Friday, February 24! Thanks so much for reading!

10 comments:

  1. very fun sketch! love the banners :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love banners on scrapbook pages! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great sketch! I'm always looking for new sketches. Will definitely be coming back to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Beautiful. Great sketch so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both wonderful takes on the challenge...each with wonderful color combinations too! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketch, I may have to give this one a try. Goodness knows I'm sketch challenged! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS for your generosity :) and you take on the sketch looks good :D

    cheryl131091 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both layouts are so pretty! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete