Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Adventures in Ireland Part Two

So I shared my Top Ten yesterday and really it just didn't cut it as far as all the cool things we got to go, see, and do.  So here are a few more highlights for your viewing pleasure.

Hook Head Lighthouse

We didn't get to venture in, because by the time we got there, they were closed up for the night. But man, the roaring sound of the surf and the gorgeous view made it totally worth our while.

The "Freak Waves" are my favorite part of this sign.




The Kennedy Homestead
Well, we tried, but after 30 minutes of driving down the skinniest little road you've ever seen, we were terribly disappointed to find it was closed for the season.



The Rain
It rained and rained and rained and rained. I think we had 3 sunshiney days the entire 5 weeks. Maybe 4. But the company I kept made it all worthwhile. Plus, we didn't let some measly rain stop us!



We pretty much took these two umbrellas with us everywhere we went and they can be seen in many a photo taken in many a locale.




Nights Out
We went out several different times during my visit. I was introduced to an amazing beverage called Tia Maria. And I drank a lot of wine. Some nights, too much wine.

Our first official night out in Limerick of 2012!




White Russians at the Red Cow Moran Hotel in Dublin.

We're looking a little like we've had one too many nights out here.


 



Meals

I make no bones about it. I love to eat. And we had a lot of amazing meals on this trip. And I took a lot of pictures pretty much anytime we sat down, but rarely seemed to capture pretty pictures of the food itself this trip.

Dublin Lunch Pre-Phoenix Park Florence & the Machine/Snow Patrol
Chinese food in Waterford.

I made this sandwich with some crazy combination of Southwestern cheese, onion chutney, and lettuce.  It actually turned out to be quite tasty, thank you very much!

Brunch in County Wicklow.


Vinegar and Ketchup.  Two chip-eating condiment staples.

Costa Coffee Break in Dublin.

The Beach

If there is one thing Lisa loves, it's the beach. We spent on particularly chilly (for this Texas gal, anyway), but fun afternoon on the beach at Lahinch. We even bought a kite cuz we're cool like that.



Please don't steal our stuff of this rock.
Let's Go Fly a Kite....and it will stay up too if it's not too windy.
...And then she falls in.  Only not really, because she was just pretending.



The Circus

I had not been to a circus in years.  We had a blast!

Fossett's Circus:  Ireland's National Circus





Thanks so much for stopping by and joining me in reliving our Irish adventures! 

7 comments:

  1. I would have soooo taken the same picture of the Freak wave sign... but I would have made my family stand there and wave at the camera ( ha ha ha... makes me want to go there just for that shot!)

    Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay beach!!! That's definitely my number one excursion of the trip. My number one favourite thing was having you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pictures. Definitely makes me want to take a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...Ireland is on my list of places to see one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe, you haven't been in Ireland if you didn't go to beach and got your feet blue by paddling in sea!

    Glad you had a great time, you have visited more places than I did in my 17 years in Ireland. Next time give me a call, we live in Dublin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun!! One day I'd love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is one of my favourite places to be and i would drop anything at any time to go to ireland. lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete