Saturday, October 6, 2012

Still Here

I haven't blogged in about ten years!  Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it's been awhile.  Things have been crazy since school started back up and just haven't had the time to sit down and post some stuff.

I just finished this layout today and thought I'd throw it up on the ol' blog.

Ice Cream Aftermath

This is NOT a great picture and by some standards probably even kinda yucky, but I scrapbooked it as it's a photo of one of my favorite desserts:  fried ice cream!  Anytime I go to a  Mexican Restaurant that serves this little treat, I have to order carefully because I know I'm going to consume this puppy afterwards.

When Lisa was over in the States a couple of years ago (wow...it's been that long since her first visit...really?), I took her out one night and she got to pick everything we did.  She had been staying at my apartment during the days while I was at work and was understandably feeling pretty antsy.  So we started with dinner at a Mexican restaurant called Don Pablo's.  We ate our meal and shared a fried ice cream (!!!!!!!!) afterwards and I snapped this little photo.



I used bunches of the Cakewalk Flower Sack die cuts from October Aftnoon and layered them.  I threw in some wood veneer stars and stamps from Studio Calico.

I love these food related stamps from Studio Calico and this flair from Ormolu was perfect. I used the Fiskars Swiss Cheese border punch on the hole punched strips in the background. 

I combined a couple of different Thicker sets to give the title a little punch.
Supplies:  patterned paper - Echo Park, October Afternoon, Lily Bee Design, Pebbles, Basic Grey; punches - EK Success, Jenni Bowlin (Fiskars); die cuts - October Afternoon; letter stickers - American Crafts; stickers - American Crafts (Dear Lizzy), October Afternoon; wood veneer stars - Studio Calico; stamps - Studio Calico; ink - Jenni Bowlin (Ranger); other - tag, ribbon

Thanks so much for reading!  I hope to post again soon!

3 comments:

  1. You're cute and I love you and I love this layout of our messy fried ice cream leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout, I love the stars on your title! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout! Loving all the fabulous layers and papers you've used!!

    ReplyDelete