Monday, November 5, 2012

A Week of Disney World

Hellloooo!  It's Monday, a brand new week and I've decided to make this A WEEK OF DISNEY WORLD!  (all caps used so that you might read that in an echoy announcer man's voice a la "Pigs in Space" from the Muppets.)

I've been working a lot on my family's 2008 trip to the World, so have several layouts that I'm really pleased with and want to share!

Sisters in Canada

I had to try out the new Studio Calico 12x12 starburst mask.  I used a spray ink by October Afternoon with the mask and to me, anyway, the OA sprays go on a little thicker than Mister Huey's do.  I used it on a sheet of vanilla cardstock and the effect was almost like it was printed that way.  Super cool!

 
I was trying to figure out a way to step it up a bit and decided slicing up strips of paper to outline the bursts would be the way to go.  I wasn't really sure how it would turn out, but really LOVE the effect!  I layered different pieces of OA's Midway behind my photo.

 

 

 
I love the Midway collection by October Afternoon and used a few different embellishments to complete this layout.  I pulled out my handy Fiskars scallop punch to make several elements with the patterned paper to layer in with other pieces.
 

 


I also pulled in this little flag from Basic Grey's Soleil collection.  Love it!
 
Supplies:  patterned paper, brads, washi tape, tickets, journaling spot, tab, spray ink - October Afternoon; flair button -  A Flair For Buttons; letter stickers - American Crafts, October Afternoon; mask - Studio Calico; scallop punch - Fiskars
 
Thanks so much for looking!

 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome page! I just spent a week in Disney myself and have begun thinking about how I want to scrap the trip. It's so great to see a Disney page that isn't the more typical black/red/yellow color palette. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o I thought the background paper came with the sunburst preprinted! That's super-cool, babe!

    ReplyDelete