Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Choose Five Challenge

So, I mentioned last week that I am on a spending freeze (mostly...).  I really want to start tackling some of the supplies I rarely use, so I've created for myself a "Choose Five Challenge".

Now I can't claim that I completely invented this concept.  I remember someone posting something like this sometime ago on Two Peas (let's all pause for a brief moment of silence in its memory....)

Okay.

But I loved the idea of challenging myself to use those oft-neglected items in my stash.  So, I'm going to give this a whirl.  And if I get any scrap time in anytime in the near future, I'll post some of my results.

What this entails, for me anyway, is posting a list of items I'd like to start using more of on my layouts.  I'll stick this puppy up somewhere near my scrap desk.  From said list, I shall choose five items to incorporate into the layout I'm working on at that time.

My list:

Stamps
Washi Tape
Wood Veneer
Flair
Enamel Dots
Sequins
Rhinestones
Silhouette Cut File
Mist
Ribbon
Twine
Old Buttons
Old Brads
Old Stickers
Old Letter Stickers
Sew Fun Banner

I have tons and tons of stamps.  I have no idea what to do with them most of the time, so guess what?  I never use them.  I forget about most of the other items on the list or I'm just super lazy in my process and avoid them.  Especially my Silhouette.  I have a monthly subscription.  I almost always use up all the credit given me every month.  But then I don't actually get around to cutting shizz out.  So, I'm going to make an effort to use those files more frequently.

What are some things that you need to remind yourself to use more often in your layouts?

Thanks for stopping by!
-Deedee

No comments:

Post a Comment