Friday, July 24, 2015

Day One Layouts

I didn't have a scrap space for several months, because I was in the process of the first of two moves for me this year.  Fortunately, in my current home, I also have two big IKEA desks that I have put together for my home office/craft space and they will follow me this fall when I move again.  Going on Vacation really got me excited about playing with supplies again (and I am also feeling certain that I will fall prey to the new planner trend fairly soon).  So, I present to you a couple of  layouts that I have completed about our first day on the road.

Calico County


This restaurant is something of a legend in my family.  When I was in high school, we lived in Farmington, New Mexico and all of our extended family was here "at home" in Fort Worth.  Countless times we drove through Amarillo to Fort Worth and many of those stops involved dinner or lunch at Calico County.  It had been a good 20-something years since our last visit.  It was a required stop on the trip.

Supplies:   Carta Bella

Stagecoach Driver


My niece, Ellie, is very fond of having her picture taken.  We saw this little stagecoach and team somewhere in New Mexico at a filling station!  We went in to buy snacks and Ellie required that either her mother or me go back to the car and get some sort of camera in order to take her picture with them. It was a REQUIREMENT!

Supplies:  patterned paper, border sticker, and tin pin - October Afternoon; ticket embellishment - Jenny Bowlin; letter stickers and horse chipboard sticker - American Crafts;  stickers - October Afternoon, Crate Paper

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment